The 5th edition of the Technological Ecosystems for Enhancing Multiculturality (TEEM) conference will be held at Cadiz, Spain, from October 18 to 20, 2017. Jointly organised by the University of Cadiz and the University of Salamanca. This event brings together researchers and postgraduate students interested in combining different aspects of the technology applied to knowledge society development, with a special attention to educational and learning issues regarding, but not limited to, the following broad-scope research areas: Educational Assessment and Orientation, Human-Computer Interaction, eLearning, Computers in Education, Communication Media and Education, Medicine and Education, Learning Analytics, Engineering Education, and Information Society and Education. TEEM is divided in thematic and highly cohesive tracks.
Each track shares the scientific and formal aspects for paper submissions, peer reviews and publication. Nevertheless, the track chairs will organise the proper dynamics to achieve the most important goal: to create a researching community. Therefore, the conference social events are open to all participants, including those registered as students, for strengthening the intercultural and multicultural skills among them, independently of the tracks they are involved. This promotes a low-cost/high-value conference, which reflects the nature of the city hosting TEEM 2017: Cadiz, the most ancient city still standing in Western Europe.
List of Tracks
- Track 1 - Computational thinking in pre-university education
- Track 2 - 21st Century Challenges in Engineering and Technological Learning
- Track 3 - Educational Assessment & Evaluation in Digital Society
- Track 4 - New publishing and scientific communication ways: Electronic edition, digital educational resources
- Track 5 - Learning analytics: Needs and opportunities
- Track 6 - Technology, Health Sciences Education and Health
- Track 7 - A world of digital competences: mobile apps, e-citizenship and computational systems as learning tools
- Track 8 - Gamification ecosystems
- Track 9 - Educational innovation
- Track 10 - New trends in Digital humanities
- Track 11 - 8th International Workshop on Software Engineering for E-learning (ISELEAR’17)
- Track 12 - Doctoral Consortium
- Francisco José García-Peñalvo (University of Salamanca, Spain) - General Chair
- María Soledad Ibarra-Sáiz (University of Cadiz, Spain) - Local chair
- Juan Manuel Dodero (University of Cadiz, Spain) - Local chair
- Francisco José García-Peñalvo (University of Salamanca, Spain) – Chair
- Ricardo Colomo-Palacios (Østfold University College, Norway)
- Ángel Fidalgo Blanco (Technological University of Madrid, Spain)
- David Griffiths (University of Bolton, UK)
- María José Rodríguez-Conde (University of Salamanca, Spain)
- Peter Sloep (OUNL, The Netherlands)
- Robert Tennyson (University of Minnesota, USA)
- Antonio Balderas Alberico
- Anke Berns
- Juan Manuel Dodero
- Jose Luis Isla Montes
- Jose Miguel Mota Macías
- Manuel Palomo Duarte
- Tatiana Person Montero
- Iván Ruiz Rube
- Jaione Cubero Ibáñez
- Miguel Ángel Gómez Ruiz
- María Soledad Ibarra-Sáiz
- Victoria Quesada Serra
- Gregorio Rodríguez Gómez
- Alicia García Holgado
- Lucía García Holgado
Authors are invited to submit full, original, unpublished research papers that are not being considered for publication in any other forum. The Program Committee will referee all submissions for quality, originality, and relevance. All contributions (5-8 pages) will be written following the ACM template (http://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/article-templates/pubform.docx) and should apply ACM Computing Classification categories and terms. The templates provide space for this indexing and point authors to the Computing Classification Scheme at: http://www.acm.org/about/class/2012. The first anonymous version must be submitted in PDF.
Paper must be submitted through EasyChair platform at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=teem2017.
- Paper Submission: July 1, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: July 31, 2017
- Camera-ready deadline: September 4, 2017
- Registration deadline: October 1, 2017
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, which will be published in the ACM Digital Library as a volume in its International Conference Proceedings Series with ISBN and indexing in SCOPUS.
Authors with best papers will be invited to prepare and submit extended versions to be considered, after a new peer review, for publication in several special issues in scientific journals. Some of them are mainly linked to specific tracks (as it is described in each track page), others have a more transversal scope and papers from all tracks may be invited.
The TEEM 2017 will be held in the University of Cadiz main campus in Cadiz city, in the Edificio Constitución de 1812 building (formerly known as Aulario La Bomba), named after the bicentenary of the promulgation of the first Spanish Constitution, nicknamed La Pepa. This building houses many of the services of the University, such as the International Relations Office or the Green Office. It also counts with numerous classrooms and exhibition halls for events, as well as a state-of-the-art teleteaching hall. The University of Cadiz was born in 1979, and currently has up to fifteen centres and more than 18.000 students. The Campus of Cadiz is located in the old part of the town, next to the Genovés Park and close to La Caleta beach, right in the middle of a charming set of narrow alleys and small squares.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
More information in https://2017.teemconference.eu/